Vojvodina Development Agency
Vojvodina Development Agency (Abbreviated RAV) is established under the auspices of the Government of AP Vojvodina, with aim to provide support for the implementation of the development policy of Vojvodina, agricultural policy and rural development policy.
Our aim is to encourage the influx of foreign and domestic capital and to offer professional services to those companies willing to invest into Vojvodina. RAV investigates economic potentials and the existing resources, suggests the possible solutions for the development of economy, agriculture, energetics, tourism and rural development, giving the specific emphasis on innovations and technological upgrades.
RAV divides its business into four departments:
- The Department for Strategic Research, Innovation and Economic Development Policy
- Department for Investment Support
- Department for National and International Funds in Function of the Development of AP Vojvodina
- Promotion Department
Through socio-economic research, studies and analysis of the existing resources and economic potentials, this department provides inputs necessary to define measures of the Provincial Government for the development of economy, agriculture, energetics and rural parts of Vojvodina.
This sector provides expert advisory support to existing and potential domestic and foreign investors, seeks new investors, supports business incubators and works on the expansion of capacities in order to attract new investments at the local level mostly through the education of local self-governments.
Coordinates the distribution of budget’s subsidies at the local, regional and national levels, the provision of budgetary subsidies at all levels in order to make them as efficient as possible. Follows and finds all available financial resources from available international funds.
Promotes Vojvodina as an ideal investment location and all its existing resources and potentials in order to make it attractive to domestic and foreign investors and position its values and potentials to a high level on the large investment map of Europe, even the world.
- Investment support
- Vojvodina Development Agency (RAV) serves as a one-stop- shop for all your investment related enquiries. Due to our close association with various state and provincial government institutions, and our extensive network of local partners from the private sector, academic institutions, and business associations - RAV represents your trusted source for obtaining the most reliable information needed for making an informed investment decision.
- Upon your request, we will create a tailor made report on business environment, operative expenses, incentives, tax and work regulations, available work force, logistics, etc.
- Identifying best possible investment locations for your business. We contain thorough information about the latest greenfield and brownfield locations on the territory of Vojvodina.
- Identifying and contacting potential local suppliers, companies that are interested in joint ventures, strategic partnerships and capital investments.
- Organizing visits to investment locations and facilitating negotiations with municipalities, private property owners and local companies
- Guiding you through the building, permitting and other administrative procedures and facilitating dialogue with relevant authorities on all government levels
- Providing ‘after care’ services to your business once established in Vojvodina to assure that your business is in good standing.
- Providing information on available subsidies on the level of the province and the republic as well as the mandatory conditions for their obtainance
- Providing information on the current EU open calls
- We serve as a mediator in connecting domestic companies with foreign investors (fairs, conferences…).
Cooperation with international institutions
JICA - Within the long-term cooperation, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has provided an expert from Japan who will work in Vojvodina Development Agency for two years, from August 2021 to August 2023. The consultant will work in RAV within the program Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteer (JOCV). This project aims is to increase the competitiveness of the food sector of Vojvodina, especially MSE’s and farms whose products are ready for both domestic and foreign markets.
The focus is on healthy food, organic and premium products. An expert consultant from Japan will introduce producers from Vojvodina to the Japanese system of work organization, as its system 5S is. In previous years, JICA has been organized valuable knowledge co-creation programs in the field of export promotion, investment attraction, and improvement of the small and medium enterprises sector, for the RAV representatives.
ЕЕN - We have close cooperation with the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), one of the world`s largest support networks for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with international ambitions. With EEN we organize B2B events and connect companies from Vojvodina with potential partners from the EU.
EBRD - In cooperation with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), one of the leading institutional investors in Serbia, we represent programs for SMEs implemented by this institution in Serbia to our entrepreneurs.
RARS - During 2021. we have established cooperation with the Developing Agency of the Republika Srpska. We intend to exchange knowledge and experiences, organize joint events, as well as participate together in international and EU projects.
AHK - RAV is a member of the German-Serbian Chamber of Commerce (AHK) since it was founded. Joint activities are aimed at connecting domestic and German companies. We are helping Vojvodian companies to become suppliers to German companies, organize events to present the economic support programs implemented by the Provincial Government for AHK members, and participate in working groups formed by the chamber (Green Economy, Supply Chains in Serbia).
GIZ - German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal Government operating in many fields. GIZ is a traditional partner of the Vojvodina Development Agency, which currently provides advisory support in the development and coordination of the Development Plan of AP Vojvodina for the next nine years.