The region of Vojvodina has all the ingredients you need to successfully service the fast-growing global consumer markets with premium food products.
A recipe for superior quality food processing guaranteed by:
- Ample fertile soil: 1.6 mil ha - 84% of the territory
- Lowest usage of fertilizers and pesticides in Europe
- High-quality resource base, optimal climate conditions
- Organic production potential with strictly prohibited production and trade of GMO food
- Long-standing experience
- Growth trend in the export volume share (10.9% increase compared to 2012)
- No 1 FDI sector: No of companies, Investment volume, Number of workers
- 128,465 agricultural households in Vojvodina.
Great Resource Base
- Land - 84% of total territory fertile agricultural land
- Water - 1400 km network of navigable rivers and canals; one of the largest hydrological nodes in Europe. Irrigation system 0.5 mil ha.
- Climate - Moderate continental climate for optimal primary production.
- Raw Material Production - Top 5 crops in Vojvodina: maize, wheat, sunflower, soy, sugar. Maize (40% of arable and 3.5 mil t yield) is the top export product.
- Vegetable – all types of production from garden and field to protected production methods.
- Fruit – ca.29,000 ha: average yield 210,000 t fruit; 90,000 t grapes
- Livestock – Cattle (Holstein-Friesian, Europe black and whites, Simentals), Pork (Swedish, Danish, Dutch Landrace, Yorkshire Larg Whites), Sheep, Poultry.
- University of Novi Sad
- Agriculture Faculty Novi Sad
- Technology Faculty Novi Sad
- Agriculture Faculty Zemun
- University of Belgrade
- Faculty of Biofarming, Backa Topola
Engines of Innovation
- Institute for Crops and Vegetable Farming, Novi Sad
- Veterinari Institute, Novi Sad
- Institute for Food Processing Techology, Novi Sad
- Institute for Corn, Zemun Polje
- Institute for Cattle Breeding, Belgrade
- Institute for Meat Hygiene and Techonology, Belgrade